What the advantages of becoming an Accredited Sponsor?
· your sponsorship is valid for six years
· you will receive priority processing of all nomination and visa applications.
How to apply for sponsorship accreditation
Accredited status can be applied for by either submitting a new sponsorship application or applying for a variation of a current sponsorship agreement.
If you do not meet the accredited sponsor requirements you will then be assessed in relation to the requirements for standard business sponsorship.
What are the requirements for accredited status?
You must be:
- be a government agency, a publicly-listed company, or a private company, with a minimum of AUD 4 million turnover per year for the last three years
- have been an active subclass 457 visa sponsor for the past three years (with a break of no more than six months, not due to any sanction)
- have no adverse information known about you based on monitoring by us and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- have sponsored at least ten primary subclass 457 visa holders granted in the last 24 months
- have an excellent record of compliance with immigration and workplace law
- have lodged a high level of decision-ready applications over the previous two years
- have a non-approval rate of less than three per cent for the previous three years
- have Australian workers comprising at least 75 per cent of your workforce in Australia and a commitment to maintain this level
- have all 457 holders engaged as employees under a written contract of employment that includes at least the minimum employment entitlements as required under the National Employment Standards (unless their occupation is exempt from this requirement). A copy of a template contract that you use must be attached to the application
- have all Australian employees paid in accordance with an Enterprise Agreement or an internal salary table that reflects the current market salary rates for all occupations in your business.
A copy of the Enterprise Agreement or internal salary table must be attached to the application in addition to evidence and a description of how the business used the evidence to determine that the salary rates contained in the document reflect the current market salary rates for occupations in your business (for example: awards, remuneration surveys, job advertisements, the Australian Government’s Job Outlook).
In addition, you must:
- have provided details of all business activities undertaken by your business to the department. Evidence relating to the other business activities must be attached to the application (for example: profit / loss statements, Business Activity Statements, annual reports); and
- have provided details of all Principals / Directors of your business to the department. If the business is a company, a current / historical extract from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) must be attached to the application.
What are accredited sponsors under the new program eligible for?
Sponsors approved for accredited status after 1 July 2016 will also be eligible for streamlined processing of nominations where the nominated base salary is equal to or greater than either of the following:
- the Fair Work High Income Threshold (currently AUD 136,700) and the occupation is classified as skill level 1 or 2 in the ANZSCO;
- AUD 75,000 and the occupation is classified as skill level 1 or 2 in the ANZSCO with the exception of the following occupations:
o recruitment consultant
o sales representative (industrial products)
o customer service manager
o corporate general manager
o procurement manager
o quality assurance manager
o sales and marketing manager
o specialist manager not elsewhere classified
o hotel/motel manager
o contract administrator
o information and organisation professionals not elsewhere classified.
Important issues to note
- You must continue to meet the requirements of accredited sponsorship during the approval period otherwise your accredited status will be revoked.
- Sponsors with accredited status must still comply with all sponsorship obligations.
Contact us for more information or assistance.